CEO & Founder
My Animation Life, 2015 - Present
My Animation Life (MAL) is an animation resource and staffing agency dedicated to the career advancement and placement of artists within animation-related industries. From animation celebs to basement geniuses, MAL recruiters uncover talented individuals from every aspect of the animation production pipeline. Through utilization of the MAL database, hundreds of artists are categorized to fulfill the needs of any animation-related project. Offering everything from Georgia's most inclusive animation map, calendar and classifieds listing to portfolio reviews, workshops and mentorships, MAL provides hands-on career path planning to artists at every stage.
As the Executive Director of this company, I wear many hats. My duties range from the daily running of the company (staff management, accounting, contract drafting, business strategy, social media management, administrative upkeep, and client correspondences) to talent recruitment, client management (project consulting, project management, project bidding, and talent placement), public relations (appearances, panels, and presentations), event coordination, educational outreach (classes, workshops, and one-on-one training), and employment services (career fairs, job and internship placement assistance, consultations, and mentorships).
Last month, I coordinated and sponsored MomoCon’s Career Expo with 24 companies and nearly 600 attendees. The month before that, I instructed a 12 week “Character Animation in After Effects” bootcamp for The New School. Some of my notable clients include Apple, NBC’s “30 Rock”, Pharrell William’s “i am OTHER”, and Captain Planet's Planeteer Movement.
Instagram/Twitter: @MyAnimationLife #MyAnimationLife
Board of Directors
ASIFA-Atlanta, 2018 - Present
ASIFA-South (formally ASIFA-Atlanta) is the US's southeastern chapter of Association Internationale du Film d’Animation, also referred to as The International Animation Society. As a member of the Board of Directors, it is my duty to assist in leading the organization in a direction that meets it's future presuits while holding the authority to vote on corporate matters, and bear legal fiduciary responsibilities.
ASIFA-Atlanta, 2015 - 2017
I provided non-binding strategic advice to the management of ASIFA-South to aid in the transition of the new Executive Board and assist with event coordination and organization operation when needed.
ASIFA-Atlanta, 2007 - 2014
During my seven years of service, I helped grow ASIFA-Atlanta from a 17 person member base to one of the largest animation societies in the southeastern region of the United States, and give our members the ability to vote in the Annie's (the equivalent of the animation Oscar's). Some of my duties as Vice President included event coordination, public speaking, artistic and educational workshops/classes/tutoring, graphic design/illustration/animation/video editing, maintaining a monthly member newsletter and consistent social media presence, physical and digital marketing, community outreach programing, judging and screening films, and reviewing professional portfolios and resumes.
Savannah College of Art and Design, 2018 - 2019
- Maintained a 99% employment rate for all alumni within ten months of graduation.
- Provided individualized and industry-specific career advising to 870+ students in the following academic majors: Animation, Film and Television, Interactive Game Design, Motion Graphics, Visual Effects, Television Producing.
- Prepared undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni for professional employment and entrepreneurship utilizing industry-specific advice, career development, and professional job search assistance such as: resume development and editing, portfolio critique and refinement, one-on-one advising sessions (in-person, phone, and virtual), mock interviews, workshops, tutorials, in-class interactions, and industry resources.
- Conceptualized, planned, and facilitated workshops, in-class programs, and recruitment events both on and off-campus.
- Collaborated with faculty and Career and Alumni Success (CAS) colleagues to brainstorm, plan, and implement professional development opportunities and employer recruitment across majors and degree programs.
- Tracked and reported data relating to student and alumni employment readiness and employer interactions through the Career Action Plan (CAP) benchmark system utilizing information management systems and web-based technology such as SCAD Job Portal (Symplicity) and Salesforce.
- Collaborated and communicated with team of 40+ Career Advisors and Industry Alumni Engagement teammates through SAAS platforms like Slack, Zimbra, Google Hangouts and Jabber.
- Interfaced with multi-national companies such as: Disney, Adobe, HomeDepot, Spotify, Pixar, Google, Cartoon Network, and CNN.
- Represented university and CAS at virtual and in-person recruitment, orientation and alumni events by giving presentations, leading tours, and serving as an information resource.
- Assisted with new hire selection and preparation.
Director of Visual Development
Carvelight Productions, 2011 - 2018
Carvelight Productions is a visual media resource specializing in photography, video, and design services. My duties include: 2D/motion graphic/VFX animation, compositing, set lighting, video editing, photo editing (color correction, lighting, cropping, adjustments), photo restoration and retouching, creative photo reconstruction (background replacement add/subtract elements, digital painting), and utilization of a non-destructive workflow. The main tools used are Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom, Flash, and Toon Boom Harmony.
After Effects Animator
Floyd County Productions, 2011 - 2015
Animated over 75 episodes and promos from season 3 through season 7 of FX's Emmy winning series "Archer". Duties included lip-sync, character animation, character rigging, environmental setup, compositing, VFX, and pipeline management.
Bachelors of Fine Arts, Animation
Savannah College of Art and Design, 2006 - 2010, 2020
Focus on 2D Character Animation and Production Management
Tampa Film Network, 2019
Florida based improvisation and film organization.
Improv, Mmkomedy, 2018 - 2019
Multi Media Komedy, also known as Mmkomedy, is an Atlanta-based sketch comedy group that also specializes in film, shorts, theater, web series, and commercials.
Improv, Atlanta Acting Dojo, 2014 - 2015
David "Dojo Turnball" - Founder of Atlanta Acting Dojo
Kristy Oliver West - Founder, Trainer, Speaker & Improviser of The Brink Improv
Grant McGowen - Producing Artistic Director of Pinch 'n' Ouch Theatre
Jeffrey Karantza - CEO & Casting Producer of Golden Hour Studios
Sacha Dzuba - Actor/Musician/Composer/Writer
Floyd County Productions Employee Training
Berger's Harmony Academy, 2014, 2015
One month training on the ins and outs of using Toon Boom Harmony for animation - taught by Toon Boom certified Animator, Brandon L. Berger.
Figure Drawing sessions, 2015
Bi-monthly in-studio meetup of employees for figure drawing sessions.
Drink and Draw session, 2014
Monthly meetup of employees at various locations to compete in drawing challenges.
Journalism and Team Management
One week journalism and management bootcamp for college newspaper editors all over the United States.
Adobe Photoshop CC
Adobe Certified Associate, 2020
The Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification is the industry-recognized validation of one’s skill in Adobe Photoshop CC. This certification requires in-depth knowledge of setting project requirements, understanding the Adobe Photoshop CC interface, as well as creating and publishing digital images using Adobe Photoshop CC.
Prime-Time EMMY® Award, 2016
The Primetime Emmy Award is an American award bestowed by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (ATAS) in recognition of excellence in American primetime television programming.